View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 21:36   #7
crash
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
This is going to injure a lot of people, especially small statured ones and females.

Not saying it isn't worth trying, but I suspect that it will result in so many injuries that they will call it off in a few years, and the VA payments will go on forever.

Should be mandatory for combat arms though.

TR
I feel differently; I feel this may lead to less combat/deployment related injuries. Of which could be more serious, fatal. At least in garrison if you get hurt you can stop; kinda hard to call a time out with bullets flying. While if not implemented properly with a gradual build up it could also increase garrison injuries. But in theory I think the cost is worth the gain.

From what I've read it seems like it will have different levels so the command can adjust fire. I think this is more aimed at the REMFs (me) who don't usually train in full gear because our day to day job doesn't require it. I think not wearing gear forever then getting tossed into a deployment will cause more injuries than a build up and sustainment, which I think is what this is trying for. At least this would give non combat arms guys the time under full gear they might not usually get. (or units like mine that don't even have full combat kit)

I've always though you should train as you fight, that means in uniform, and gear. PTs have their place though, can't to everything in gear; and that lsd runs shouldn't be tossed aside. I do feel they are over emphasized in some units; but in the end thats what it all comes down to the unit. They decide what to do for pt and it will be how they implement it as to whether it works, or is a utter failure.

ok rant over off to bed.

Last edited by crash; 06-17-2008 at 21:45. Reason: my horrible spelling
crash is offline   Reply With Quote