View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 19:26   #381
czs21
Asset

Warts

I've only ever been cursed by warts on one occasion. My right ring finger had a wart about 3/16 of an inch in diameter. What to do what to do. It was the summer before Freshman year of college and arriving at my first non-family place(I'm from Appalachia, what can I say) to meet women, I did not want this wart around. I figured that chemicals or other treatments would take to darn long. With a little bit of do now: think later spirit, I fetched the soldering iron. It took two 'treatments' because the first one failed to go all the way to the base of the wart. The good news was it worked and there was no blood due to the instantaneous cauterization. The bad news is, I swear the garage still smells like burnt skin.

On a side note, if you're in a situation that pits you with just a chainsaw against a rattler that has become a bit to comfortable with tree you're hanging in, make sure you turn the saw upside down so the chain isn't pulling the snake towards you...