View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 11:23   #1894
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post

The larger question imho is, should we have focused on development of a vaccine against an endemic viral type, i.e corona virus instead of focusing on disease therapy?

My view is that vaccine against a corona virus is a fool's errand that may actually induce variants of virus! Development of low cost safe and effective therapeutics is a far better public health strategy imho. In this case the population would be able to easily survive disease and would ultimately develop natural immunity. But what do I know??
Therapy and treatment!

Exactly why this isn’t and shouldn’t be called a “vaccine” but a prophylaxis like a Flu shot. A “vaccine” is something that prevents for life or most of our life an incurable disease like Polio, Yellow Fever, MMR and others that we had “eradicated” through vaccination programs. A Flu shot is something you get every year because that’s all the good each one is - if you are lucky.

You know a lot more than Saint Fauci so don’t sell yourself short Doc! (Finest Kind!)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 10-16-2021 at 11:27.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote