Thread: Lights
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 23:13   #27
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
How does the LED replacement heads for the surefires effect the lumens i.e. a M-2 that puts out 120 lumens if I put an LED head on it what am I sacrficing?

Great thread TR.
There are three dedicated replacement heads:

The KL1 (1 watt) fits the E2e and E1, has 17 lumens, but the pattern is very clear and run time (with the E2) is extended to 4 hours of max light, 11 more of moderate, and finally about 50 hours at minimal illum output.

The KL2 fits M3 flashilghts and has 19x 5mm Nichia LEDs and puts out 27 lumens max output for 1.5 hours, followed by 13.5 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimum output.

The KL3 fits 6P, D2/D3, Z2/Z3, C2/C3, M2 flashlights. 6P, D2, Z2, C2, M2 Runtime is 19 lumens max output for 4.25 hours, followed by 4.75 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimum output. D3, Z3, C3 Runtime: 19.5 lumens max output for 7 hours, followed by 8 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimum output.

HTH.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote