View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 09:57   #41
Dexter
Asset

Cover Story: Soldier of Fortune, May 2010

For those of you who are interested, the exact article written by MAJ John L. Plaster, referenced in TS' now-closed thread, "The Humble Knight: COL Robert L. Howard," is the cover story for the May 2010 edition of, "Soldier of Fortune," magazine under the title, "SOGs Most Ferocious Warrior?". COL Howard is pictured on the cover, as well as three or four times throughout the article.

I read the article to my Privates here in Iraq. I felt the next generation should know the size of the boots they and I are trying fill. I think by comparing themselves to the best, they are more likely to be challenged to excel than if they reach stagnation measuring themselves against many of the system riders in our standard Army. Anyway, one Private in particular was so moved, he spent the rest of the day reading through CMH recipient citations online. I heard him parroting the stories to others in the smoke pit at different times during the day. It pleases me to know the memory of such men, though I haven't had the honor of knowing any personally, lives on in the hearts and war stories of the Soldiers who follow; that good Soldiers never die. V/R -Dexter
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote