View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 12:35   #14
(1VB)compforce
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Rubio is a total non-starter for me. Yeah he speaks eloquently, is optimistic, aspriational and inspirational. Oh wait, we had a one-term senator become POTUS just like that!
Ummm... Cruz is a First Term Senator as well (2013 - Present)... And 5 years as Solicitor General (Texas) before that.

He actually has less political experience than Obama had when he (Obama) was elected to the Presidency. (3 years in Senate, 9 years as IL State Senator 1996-2004)

Cruz also has less political experience than Rubio (5 Years in Senate 2011-Present, FL House 5 years) who Obama also had more experience than.

So of the three, Obama, Cruz, Rubio... Cruz has the least direct experience followed by Rubio then Obama with the most (measured at the time of the 2008 election). I'm not saying Cruz is a bad guy, in fact he's my second choice behind Trump. I'm just pointing out facts that seem to be forgotten by the media.

And yes, Trump has zero political experience. For me that's a bigger plus than someone that just got their feet wet long enough to want more or who may have joined the Senate solely as a stepping stone to the Presidency. Trump doesn't need the Presidency. Either he really wants it to fix problems OR he wants it out of ego. If it's ego, the House and Senate should be able to stop it just like they are stopping Obama.

Last edited by (1VB)compforce; 02-02-2016 at 16:57. Reason: Correction to title
(1VB)compforce is offline   Reply With Quote