Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 15:20   #2413
Jecunnin
Asset

Introduction

Thanks for y'all's service.
I'm J from Amarillo Texas, I joined yesterday with an 18x and ship out April 16. I want to earn everything I get, and I plan on working hard to achieve it. I have a lot of respect for y'all and I hope to earn the honor of being part of the US Army Special Forces. Thanks for this site and the information it contains. I'm 29, I have a bachelors degree in biology, scored a 98 on the ASVAB, and in great shape. I tried becoming a SEAL first, and the Navy wouldn't give me an age waiver. Their physical screening test (PST) is: 500 meter combat side stroke swim, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, 1.5 mile run. I scored: 8:32, 77, 72, 16, 9:04. I have gotten my calisthenics up to: 80+, 80+, 20+, and continuing to work on them. I have a chip on my shoulder that the Navy didn't want me, and after researching and developing a faint idea of what y'all do, this is 100% my first option, and I feel like God had this plan for me all along. I scored "heavy" on the OPAT today. I'm looking forward to the challenge, extremely excited, I'm hoping to learn lots, keep my mouth shut, ears open, head down, and feet moving. I believe everything I shared in this post won't mean jack unless I have the mental toughness and fortitude to not quit, and I believe 100% that I have that mentality and the determination to accomplish this. Again thank you for your time, this website, and most importantly your service that keeps our great nation free, it's an honor to comment here.

J

Welcome aboard, we don't require names. Team Sergeant
Jecunnin is offline   Reply With Quote