Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 03:28   #2412
brianp
Asset

BrianP Introduction

Hello.
Currently active Navy (E6 9+yrs). Spent the last 6 years with NECC, 5 of those with a "riverine" squadron and spent a year as a qualed JTAC. Slowly and painfully watched everything we trained for and my platoon phased out, and the brown water tradition die. I have been forced back to shore duty doing a job I can't stand, surrounded by people I do not fit in with what so ever.
Now that I'm a little bit older, some what wiser and a lot more humble, with some gas left in the tank, I'm looking to switch over and pursue a career with SF. I've had the privelage of training alongside quite a few SOF guys from every branch and the SF guys I've met were without a doubt top of the list when it comes to professionalism, maturity, being down to earth and all around good people. That is what I want to be a part of the most.
After searching for info and not getting any real advice or info from recruiters, I found myself here. Seems like the best place to self educate and answer anything anyone could imagine.
Thank you for letting me sit in. -BrianP
brianp is offline   Reply With Quote