View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 00:40   #13
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Maybe it’s time for facial recognition cameras and software to be used as one more layer of security in school security plans.

We’re already close to a CCTV police state on campuses from elementary schools to college but it’s still in the reactive state not the proactive state.

The technology is there 24/7...it only takes an IT person to program an alert when someone is banned from the grounds. It won’t matter if it’s tomorrow or next year the camera is on duty.
Such a tectonic change since we were all kids so long ago.

I like the idea of enhanced security, as prices for it drop.

But visiting the US now and seeing modern school designs seems like an analog to US embassies around the world that shifted from being architecturally cool beacons of the USA to zombie bunker practical.

I really like the book Tribe by Sebastian Junger.

I think his anthropology/sociology documentation of soldiers applies to all in a way.

Some of us(including most on this forum) belong to one or more tribes.

Increasingly, most civilians don’t.....and that can include Vets who are challenged to integrate into a new tribe and/or lose their old one(s).

Most of us need to feel necessary and a part of something more.

I think this loss of personal tribe is playing a considerable factor in depression, mental illness, and quite possibly a major contributing factor to many of these school shootings.

I’m left think of MIST, Mechanism, Injury, Symptom, Treatment.

Maybe one of the Symptoms is schools shootings.

If that’s the case, then attacking 2A is not a treatment, but a placebo.

I’d like to see effort on preventing the Mechanism of, and Injury.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote