Thread: Cooling Wrap
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 08:52   #1
Longstreet
Guerrilla

Cooling Wrap

My kids saw a "cooling wrap" at the local Walmart and were interested in buying them. Me being a typical DIY (cheap) kind of guy, told them that we could make them at home. So I looked at a few websites and they seem quite straightforward to put together. I also found out they are/were also an item that groups sew and donated to troops in care packages. So I started to think perhaps once we sew some , perhaps I should make one for myself and my buddies in my platoon. Question though. Do they actually help when dealing with the heat? And more importantly, do guys actually wear them? Any feedback or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

jaYson

Here is website with a Marine wearing one - scroll down close to the end.
http://www.thehugsproject.com/from-the-troops/
I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.
--Haim Ginott--
Longstreet is offline   Reply With Quote