View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 10:17   #10
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAguy View Post
Ate up and filling in for an O4 are two different things. If you need help with your medical training drop a PM. I left the MSTP early assurance program when I came to serve.
Not sure where you are headed with this or what your purpose is.

Filling in for an O-4 does not make you an O-4, or necessarily mean that you are performing the duty to any degree of competency.

There is a big difference between confidence and arrogance. Your comments thus far lead me to believe that you may be in over your head.

Your stories seem to reflect a tendency to defy authority, prefer to operate independently, and to be disrespectful. That initially caught my attention. "I knew a guy" and "a buddy of mine told me" stories are not particularly impresive when all of the QPs here actually made it through the SFQC and served in SF, some for 30 years or more. The individual behavior you allege that a 7th Group NCO displayed was unsat and should have had some additional consequences. Let me assure you that if any SF NCO I know stopped a vehicle in a military training area and the driver refused to turn down his radio or follow instructions, he would have been lucky to get off with UCMJ action. I see little quiet professionalism in this story.

Let me assure you that if you are considering trying out for SF so that you can continue this trend, grow long hair, and wear non-issued clothing while freelancing independently, you are not going to be happy, or in the unit for long.

You are becoming an irritant here. If you do not like it, no need to reply, just move on to another site and find some like minded people to commiserate with.

Check the attitude and the story telling. You will learn more by reading than you will posting anyway. Do not get into food fights with the QPs, mods, or admins.

Incidentally, I understand that you were pre-med and all that, but there are a number of certified trauma surgeons and other physicians who are staff and members here who have all of the medical expertise that we require. An 18D has significantly more medical training and experience than you do. Trust me on that one.

While I am sure that you already know this, but if you keep your right hand free while in the rear area, you will not have to juggle anything or injure yourself rendering military courtesies.

Best of luck with the SA. Move out and draw fire.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote