View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 00:43   #1
CAguy
BANNED USER

CA Guy's Introduction

I'm a CA guy in Iraq 07-08. I'm an E3. I enlisted as a reservist- was a pre-med student but withdrew to volunteer - took a lot of heat for that because the university I was attending was overrunned by liberals. I like working in small teams but prefer to work alone and coordinate my own missions. The bigger the AO is for the team the more opportunties of working independently of the team.

I originally wanted to be an Army physician, pathology (anatomic and clinical). I became interested in SF after I saw how the conventional Army runs things. Some BN heads know how to use CA/Psyop, others believe they can be used as QRF. During pre-deployment training, I hung out with a guy in 7th Group. Actually, he had just left and was seeking a job elsewhere. Well, after blowing money on ugly women at the titty bars on Bragg Blvd, we went out into the middle of nowhere. There was a lake and some folks training out there that day. The road was blocked with a huge connex but we drove around it. Some E8 or E9 comes out and stops the truck and says, "hey what are you doing back here! I got soldiers training!" The group guy says, "yeah yeah whatever" and turns up the radio even louder. I thought I'd lose whatever stripes I had that night. Once we got to the "camp site" we started drinking and started fishing with some of the other guys there. He told me alot about the training and what to expect and what not too (couple war stories). I didn't consider Selection until I arrived in Iraq and was able to work in a small team. The 96th guys we ripped shared some experiences and after some thinking - being a green beret became more important than standing in a hospital lab doing biospies and probing microbial diseases. Fun stuff but can you do it with a rifle behind enemy lines and a thousand miles away from home....nope.

I have a tendency to speak my mind but I'm tactful (usually). I had my first AR15 handed to me after correcting an NCO about how CA "should be utilized as a team element." Luckily after a good "investigation," my CO and 1SG believed in the anecdote"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Also, most of my chain were in the 11th Group back in the day, so there goes a lot of my exposure to SF things and all things SF.

G2g Contractors

Last edited by CAguy; 12-13-2007 at 06:44.
CAguy is offline   Reply With Quote