View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 11:07   #26
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Your and ODNT assessments are right on point! These are the neo-fascists, and the alignment of the progressive Left with these clowns will spell the demise of the Democrat party IMO.

I say that because if you listen to the rhetoric coming from candidates for the DNC Chair, they are doubling down on the failed identity politics.

Liberalism, at least in the sense represented by the likes of Archibald Macleish (1930's) and JFK/RFK (1960s) is dead! Or shellshocked and looking for a home.

Liberalism of old is being co-opted by organizations like Occupy Democrats (neo-fascists) and they are following Saul Alinski's playbook. Alinsky, Cloward & Piven, but most importantly Marx & Trotsky. If these fools think that the unions will align with them they have really misread the shifting dynamic here. Even in a union town like Philadelphia, the union leadership is shifting towards the Trump brand of Populism. (The membership did that in the last election). I don't expect the unions to be onboard with Trump for long. Let's not mistake support for a specific action or policy as a sea change in Union politics. SEIU never did get on board; they were a Women's March on Washington sponsor, if I'm not mistaken.

My guess is that these neo-fascist groups are organized with and by Soros money. I say go for it boys and girls. This will ultimately result in your self-marginalization and I won't have to listen to the likes of Pocahontas Warren or Crooked Hillary ever again!

Bottom line: If Trump is successful, and I believe he will be, there will be a realignment of global politics that will last for at least the next 50 years. I wager that 50 years is far, far too optimistic.
Is the conservative side finially joining the fight? Well, there is no conservative side if we're referring anything resembling an organized political movement. Conservatives tend to come together in short-term crisis mode, then return to their lives once that particular crisis has passed.