Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 09:39   #1830
WillofIron97
Asset

I am 17 and a high school student in Indiana. I have been preparing for almost a year for SFAS and have wanted nothing more than to serve my country since I was little. But when I was 9-12 I took anti-depressants. The reason being is because when I was very little my dad abused my mother and I and even tried to kill her and I had night terrors about it. I have since moved on and negotiated other traumatic experiences successfully with no medical assistance. Life hasn't been easy to say the least but I can assure that I am perfectly capable of dealing with stress. But my request for a waiver was denied and I am PDQ'd. But I know that I might be able to be re-evaluated in two years. Is it even worth it? I've never given up on anything I commit too and don't plan on starting now. But is this just too much of a loosing battle? I'll continue to train and improve regardless while I'm in college and try again. But again, do you as quiet professionals think there's no hope? I would think nothing less of you if you did.
WillofIron97 is offline   Reply With Quote