Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 09:29   #1829
WillofIron97
Asset

Intro-Lost cause

My name's Will. I'm a high school senior from Indiana who's wanted nothing more than to be able to serve my country since I was very little. But as of yesterday, I found out that my waiver request was disapproved. The reason I had to try for a waiver is because from the time I was nine to the time I was 12 years old I was on anti-depressants. The reason for that is because my dad beat my mom and I quite a bit and he even tried to kill her. When she left him I had night terrors quite frequently about the things he did. I can assure that I have long since accepted that as part of my past and have more than moved on from it. I am perfectly capable of dealing with any amount of stress put on me. As I've gotten older there have been plenty of stressful situations that are family related and some might consider traumatic that I have successfully self-negotiated with no outside assistance. I have been training for about a year now, outside of sports, to prepare for SFAS. I am currently scoring a consistant 300 on the APFT and have lately needed an extended scale to grade my progress. But as of yesterday I know that I was deemed medically unfit to serve. I am simply wondering if it would be worth it to try again in a year or two when I might be able to put a motion in to be re-evaluated? I was told by my recruiter that that could be an option? Would it even be worth it? I don't give up on anything I commit too. I want this more than anything else. But is it a lost cause to keep trying?

Last edited by WillofIron97; 04-07-2015 at 10:05.
WillofIron97 is offline   Reply With Quote