Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 18:08   #1821
LilBuddha
Asset

I have been lurking for some time and thought I'd finally come out and play. I spent almost 10 years as an entrepreneur before entering the Army later in life as a 19A. One of my great regrets is that I blew my knee out in the week before I was scheduled for jump school. They say pride goes before a fall, and it was definitely present as I was submitting a guy at the Knox fight house when the knee tore. Due to my injuries (and I had Lasik), I ETS without being able to try out for Selection. I am a martial arts instructor who’s been teaching for over 20 years. I had a dojo in the JBLM area, but closed it about a year ago after blowing the other knee. I plan to re-establish, although I’m trying to figure out location, in addition to a slightly different focus (not on MMA fighters). It also seems I am on the road to working with wounded warriors and hope to make a difference there; resilience is applicable to us all. I love the depth of analysis and nuance I see in the posts here. Some of the most impressive people I have met are SO types. I am a life-long learner and appreciate like-minded people. As iron sharpens iron…
LilBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote