View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 09:46   #47
Draco771
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
The SOPMOD kit is an assemblage of accessories intended to allow SOF Soldiers to customize their weapons to meet specific mission requirements. Some of the pieces are mutually exclusive. A little research and some thought would have answered your question without attracting unfavorable attention. Weapons configurations and accessories have already been discussed extensively on this board. Use the search button.
Most of us have seen the picture of Paul Kim (SureFire) with everything mounted on an M-4; you don't need to waste time looking for it.
My apologies, I didn't mean for the stuff to sound ignorant...

I know a lot of the gear is mission specific on some cases, but it's just looking at some of the SOPMOD things that some servicemen stack up onto it, it just looks crazy...

A Soldier I'm friends with in Naray Afghanistan, was given an opportunity to hold a SOPMOD, and it weighed in at 27lbs when he put it onto a weight scale, he asked the QP why he had so much on it, and the QP said because it looked cool...

He had a taser, laser sight, ACOG, some other scope mounted in front of the ACOG, he just had a bunch of stuff on it... (My friend said it was like something off of Star Wars)

I know he's a conventional Infantryman, and they don't get SOPMODs, but the stuff just really caught my interest...

I apologize for my ignorance...
Draco771 is offline   Reply With Quote