View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 20:31   #42
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco771 View Post
Question for those who operate the M4 etc...

I've noticed the SOPMOD has a crap load of accessories, are all of them actually needed?

What i mean is, the M4 already weighs roughly 7lbs...

And to my knowledge (and experience on this one) the more stuff you mount onto your M4, the more and more it weighs...

I've always been told best set-up, is an ACOG or Reflex, flashlight, front grip, and that was the max extent you go...

But from what I've noticed with the SOPMOD, there are a lot more things that are put onto the M4...

I have no experience using an M4 with anything else, other then the above listed items... So I have no experience witha ny of the other gadgets...

But is the extra weight actually worth it? And do all of the extra items really make the M4 that much better? NOT talking smack or anything, just wondering about the opinions of those on the board...

Because too my knowledge, it's possible to rack up an M4 to weigh around 30+lbs if enough accessories are added to it... (I've got a pic, I'll see if I can find it... But it essentially was a joke a friend sent me, it's of an M4, with an M203, front grip, five different kind of sniper scopes, two different types of ACOGs, bayonet, two different kinds of flashlights, and the list goes on.... I'll see if I can find it... But it is that pic that got me thinking....)
You seem full of gun questions based on armchair commando type discussions, but are not yet old enough to own a firearm legally, and have not yet joined the military.

Stop posting your questions here. Despite what your teacher may have told you, they are not good questions, or smart ones.

The boards at many other firearms sites seem to enjoy these sort of idle chatter, you might find one of them more to your liking.

Have a very SF day.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote