View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 17:39   #11
PRB
Quiet Professional

Cleaned the M39 up, touched the trigger up a bit and fired 15 safety check/familiarization rounds. First round high at 12 on my super duper pie plate targets (50m)...was told they shoot high as the Fins took/trained a 6 hold.

So dropped point of aim to the bottom edge...180 gn S&B copper/lead brass casing (so I can re load)….very pleased with this Fin...shoots well.

On disassembly noted the for stock had been hand sanded internally to give a free floating barrel...there was a copper shim screwed into the stock near receiver where it beds into the stock and the trigger had a separate pin added to keep constant pressure on the trigger....no slack...about a 5 lb break I am guessing and very crisp....really pleased. Ordered a 8.6 mm front sight to replace the 7.4 thatis on it presently but I am going to scope it...the bore is bright with no issues, no counter boring and the muzzle is pristine...it came with an arms room tag on it.
Army SA 1944 with original wartime stock in excellent shape and about 100% bluing.

Sweet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0064.jpg (28.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0069.jpg (64.7 KB, 53 views)
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote