View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 14:57   #34
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

Deer season starts Saturday after Thanksgiving so I needed to go to the rifle range to check some zeros and took along some loads for the OTMs to test for accuracy. I normally shoot 43.4 grains of Varget in RWS cases for competition with the Sierra 175 MK and on calm days that will group about 0.3-0.4 for three shots. For this test I am using Winchester cases that have about 1 grain more volume than RWS but are less consistent in quality. It was gusting wind up to 5mph today so groups were a little more open.

First picture is of the standard 175MK loads where I am adjusting the zero between the top 3 shot group and the bottom 3 shot group. Aim point is the upper right corner of the tape.

Second picture is the Berger 175 OTMs with three different charges of Varget and 5 shot groups instead of 3 shot groups. All three groups go just under 0.5 for five shots. This is acceptable accuracy for me and this particular rifle.

I think I will try them out on deer this season and see how they work.
It will probably be a long time before I get to test past transonic ranges so don't be holding your breath waiting on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 175SMK (1).jpg (27.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg `175OTM.jpg (17.6 KB, 74 views)

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote