View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 19:39   #5
koz
Quiet Professional

LINK

Here's a 41pg thread from SniperHide on Stainless Steel Media. Suasponte (Terry) is very helpful if you have questions. I swiped the photos from that thread.

My recipe is Thumblers Tumbler Model B. I got mine from Cabelas. It's a faster tumbler than some others. They sell it for around $180.

I ordered my stainless media from Mark (per Peregrino's post).

I use a shot of Dawn dish detergent and a 9mm case full of LemiShine (you can find it at Target or Walmart in the dish detergent section).

Fill about half full of brass maybe a little more then usually around a gallon of water. It should be near the top. Media is already in the tumbler. Put the top on and let it run for about 3 hrs.

I got a Frankfort Arsenal media separator. I fill that bucket with water (which keep the media from flinging out when you spin the thing. Also get a good magnet (I pulled one out of an old hard drive) so you can pick up any media that falls on the floor.

I dry it under a work light in my garage and it looks like it's brand new. Even brass that sat in the weather for years looks good.

Like Peregrino's post, it takes a little longer but it does wonders to brass. Plus the media never wears out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCI0001-8.jpg (52.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04967.jpg (61.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04969.jpg (71.7 KB, 88 views)
koz is offline   Reply With Quote