View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44   #23
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWave View Post
Seriously, the "real world" will look upon this as an aberration; a poor decision, possibly psychologically induced due to PTSD from years of extreme duty and the recent tour, or, at worst, a criminal act by a psychologically damaged mind. Regardless, for rational people, this is not an act that reflects negatively on the Special Forces community. This is an individual act, committed by an individual, that will be dealt with accordingly by civilian and military authorities as necessary. It is not an act of Special Forces, Ft. Bragg, JFK Special Warfare Center, or anything or anyone else, period. Anyone who tries to make it anything else, and there will be those people, are on a witch hunt and should be dealt with accordingly.

I wish his command the best.
Shit happens.

I did similar myself, once, a year or two ago. Long drive and having a good time sight seeing on the way back home with the kids. I failed to notice the signs posted 'No Firearms' and I forgot all about something under the seat.

By the time it dawned on me....all I could do was smile, stay calm and hope I didn't get directed to the search lane.

Hopefully this was just a outta sight, outta mind incident for this Soldier.