View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 10:44   #43
aharris
Asset

(Not wanting to hijack the thread, but discussing a somewhat related issue.)

Refusing to leave is not really an option, that is agreed. But asking to speak to a manager before leaving can bring up something that can cause a business to stop posting and change their stance on the issue of allowing/ disallowing carriers in their business.
Here in MN the most one can get for simply refusing to leave (as long as one doesn't aggravate the situation if LEOs are called) is a $25 trespass ticket, nothing more, no loss of permit, or other charges (again, unless the situation is aggravated). But still it is best to leave.

The debate on CC vs OC is an endless one, and barring law forbidding one or the other, a pointless one. I prefer OC in a shoulder holster (so, part time CC also), and occasionally in a OWB because it is more comfortable for me. Ive tried a couple custom IWB holsters, but nothing really comfortable.

There have been stories of criminals thinking of robbing someone/ someplace but upon seeing someone OCing have not gone through with it, or given up.

Most of the anti OC stories have been about uniformed police officers, who usually either were the main target, or had to inject themselves into an already charged situation.

But above all else SA is a mandatory part of a skill set either when OCing or CCing.

ETA:
I would also like to add my condolences to Mr. Scott's friends and family.

Last edited by aharris; 07-20-2010 at 10:53. Reason: Clarification.
aharris is offline   Reply With Quote