View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14   #40
aharris
Asset

On the Costco/ police issue:
I will agree with you, I am somewhat suspicious about the actions of the man. When/ if confronted he should have asked to speak to a manager, and if they still requested he should have left instead of gotten into an argument (if that is what happened).

I don't enough about what happened once the police got on scene to make a decision on that issue. I don't know if anyone but those involved in the incident do.

But something stinks on the side of the Costco people (technical issues with the equipment for example).

On carrying:
I believe that when carrying (I prefer OC to CC) you must act as a representative of the carry community, and you imagine that all your actions are being scrutinized twice as hard as if you were not carrying (even if concealed). Not to say that one should be nervous about carrying, but one must have better SA and a better thought process.

If someone sees you acting like an a hole/ miscreant while carrying you are more likely to have an unpleasant encounter with someone and/ or the police.

If someone sees you acting in a grown up/ professional manner you are more likely to have a pleasant encounter with someone and/ or the police and may change a few minds about the "crazy gun carrying community."