View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 15:07   #5
ONEofFOUR14
SF Candidate

combat boots

Belleville 390's for warm weather, Belleville 795's for cold weather. I think these are the best boots you can get for your money. I do all of my rucking in 390's, and they are great both on the road and over terrain. I sent a pair in for resoling with a ripple sole at militarybootrepair.com, and bought a new pair to break in for selection in November. I will swear by these boots until I am proven otherwise.

I am also a big fan of Rocky S2V's. I bought these about a year and a half ago, and have worn them for patrols in Iraq and field problems at Ft. Lewis. They have a great insole (feels like a sneaker), good outsole (still can walk on rocks and hard surfaces without hurting your feet), and fantastice ankle support. They also have a neoprine construction with monotongue for the upper. It pulls the sweat away from your feet very well. They run aroun $160, but are worth it.

Pulling a page out of Warrior-Mentor's book, buy boots made in America. They are likely to be more expensive but made better and more durable. Thanks.

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think that they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." - Dan Gable
ONEofFOUR14 is offline   Reply With Quote