Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:56   #56
LGOP
Asset

I'm an 11B1P currently deployed to Afghanistan with 1/501 IN(ABN). I'm married with one child, and I've been in the service for a little over two years now. After reading the posts on this forum for several months now I've finally decided to make an account. I appreciate everything you QP's have put together here, there really is tons of information up for grabs.

I was originally planning on joining the Army as an 18X but decided, after listening to advice from my Uncle, to take an Airborne contract in order to see if the military lifestyle will really fit me, and my family. It's been over two years since then and after a lot of deep thought (not much else to do during your downtime while you're deployed) I've began talking to my leadership about going to Selection.

I plan on putting my packet together shortly after this deployment (now that I have the blessing and support of my SO), but for now my focus is on getting through this deployment and milking all of the experience I can from it.

Thank you for this site, and this great opportunity to learn from you guys.