Thread: Martial Arts
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 02:43   #139
JohnIll
Asset

h2h combat

I studied Okinawan Karate, Jujutsu under the Michael DePasquale system of Yoshitsune Jujutsu, JKD, Kempo and Black Tiger Kung Fu< well attended a few seminars, alot of ripping and tearing techniques ....(I hold no rank)

I moved on to Boxing< I found it much more realistic for my needs, Im not the greatest fighter in the world.. But Boxing prepared me for what its like to be in a truly violent situation, It helped me get in shape and get rid of the Social Anxiety of being in a fist fight, specially with cheering onlookers and jerks who get loud and obnoxious trying to intimidate you( bc their scared punks themselves).

I found everything is about your mind set, a defense mindset is gonna get you killed...You can study anything and if your mindset is wrong, the training will fail you..

I think a person should ask themselves if they are fight or flight>? If they are flight they need to seek more aggressive training instead of traditional MA based dealing with things more defensively...

Im now a strong advocate in the approach of simply taking your natural aggression (your fight and flight instincts) and honing it to the point of true (controlled chaos).

Just like the WW2 combatives like Defendu< A truly ruthless, godless approach to unarmed combat....Non nonsense Gutterfighting

Unfortunately, I know little about the world of "combatives" and Im sure there are planny of Mc Dojo's in "combatives" as in the traditional MA realm.

I have found a few schools of interest

1) Charlie Nelsons Self Defense system in Edison,NJ
Mr. Nelson has a direct linage to Fairburn under Sgt. Kelly and Colonel. A.J. Drexel Biddle ..you can check the website underneath

http://www.cnsds.com/about/charles-nelson

2) Mr. Lee Morrison's Urban Combatives< hes one of the baddest men i've ever seen....(also studied under Charlie Nelson)

Videos
http://www.urbancombatives.com/m_intro/about.htm

3) Keysi Fighting Method (from batman) rumored to be taught to the British SAS

4) Ex Navy SEAL Tim Larkin (target focus training)- He seems all about the money, Im sure. But I hear its pretty effective

In closing,

And though I'm no Olivier, if he fought Sugar Ray, he would say that the thing ain't the ring, it's the play. So, give me a stage where this bull here can rage, and though I can fight, I'd much rather recite. That's entertainment.

- Jake Lamatta

lol

-Hunter S. Thompson
JohnIll is offline   Reply With Quote