Old 12-05-2005, 20:11   #7
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire
slight hijack

Basenshukai Sir,
you've put a lot of gems on this site.
Say, is there any chance a compilation of them stories aka. a book coming in this lifetime? Perhaps something like "danger close"

end hijack
Actually, a book is what I plan to produce by the time I take an SF company command. I was planning to end the book in South America, but, now my job takes me to CENTCOMs AOR so I plan to end the book there. My intent is to include South America as well. My original idea was to place bits and pieces of my work here to see where the members (former and current) of the 1st Special Forces Regiment wanted the book to go. I think I have received pretty good guidance thus far. If I am so priviledged to push forth the book, I plan to contribute a portion of the proceeds to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation and that way, keep the benefit of those experiences where they belong. After the initial assignment in a group, a captain has some bit of "empty space" between that assignment and his next as he makes major. I plan to complete my work during that time, God willing.