View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56   #201
Cool Breeze
Quiet Professional

More Memories

Started looking back through the thread and started remembering more.

- Slave Market: picking up pinecones, police call at Gabriel, cutting grass at HQ

- Bruce Horn: he ran my ass into the ground. hated me. had a VW letter with my name on it in his top desk drawer and called me in every day to sign it. When I wouldn't he would smoke me and put me on a shit detail. He also had us do a night operation that I cannot go into detail on.

- COL Rowe: when I started COL Rowe was in charge. The transition to COL Potter happened during the 12 miler. When they drove in our direction of movement we had COL Rowe shouting encouragement out the window. When they came back the other way, COL Potter was shitting on us.

- Robin Sage brief back to COL Potter. I heard before we started that Potter hated Jr. Medics and of course, that is what I was. The briefback was only going for a minute or so when Potter interrupted and asked, "who's the Jr Medic?" I then got to brief the entire operation starting with him telling me to close my eyes and tell me what the terrain will look like when I leave the aircraft. I then had to walk him through the terrain, without looking, from infil to our first RON. Thankfully, I knew what to expect and was prepared.

EH
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote