Thread: Solar Chargers?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 06:29   #8
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Solar for Electronics

I wanted to bump this, and share my experiences.

I've used two different solar kits, both the portable type that a back packer would carry. For the one, I also have the AA rechargeable module.

Kindle, Samsung, Droid and Blackberry devices were able to be charged with no issues. A recent/ newer version of the Kindle would only work with one of the chargers.

iPhones and iPads are another story. None of the devices could be charged directly, requiring the solar kit to charge a power pack, which could be used to charge or enhance the iFamily.

What I found interesting, is when an iOS upgrade was downloaded, the iPhones would no longer accept a charge from the power pack. Unsupported power supply or something was the error message.

There are iPhone compatable power packs/ charging systems, but they demand apremium price. I did have a power pack that was iPhone compatable, but once iGod decided to upgrade their software, it became defunct.

So, something to consider is whether the device(s) we use will be compatable in a year.

Now, other electronics, such as the small two-way radios and flip phones, had no issues. When the big power goes out on the cellular service, often the text is the first back on. Flip phones with text capability are still a good back up communication device.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote