Thread: Introductions V
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 20:55   #1055
jubei
Asset

Introduction

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the QPs and moderators who run this site. To know that you all take time out of your incredibly vital work to create and maintain this resource is truly amazing. Thank you again.

Like many of the members here, I am contemplating the possibility of a career as a Special Forces soldier. There are a multitude of reasons for this. Perhaps the most important was the realization that as a man that will hopefully be starting a family within the next couple of years, I am gravely concerned with the world my children will be born into and eventually inherit. The question is, what am I going to do about it? For years I was content to leave the dirty business of defending the country and the ideals that I love to our courageous men and women in uniform. I no longer feel that that is enough.

Many of the Quiet Professionals on this forum have made mention of the fact that the life of a Special Forces soldier is a calling. I take that to mean that the life chooses you, not the other way around. I’m not positive that I am experiencing that now, but I can say that I have never felt so profoundly moved about a career or a way of life than I have since I discovered that I may still have a chance to do this. The mission of the Special Forces resonates with me in a way that nothing else has to this point. And if I can somehow help them succeed in that mission, then I will truly feel content that I have done my part.

One final point: All I have wanted in my life is the chance to earn the respect of men that I respect in turn, and to make a difference. God willing, if I can summon the will, the fortitude, and the dedication to pass muster and join a team, I can guarantee that I will never stop doing whatever it takes to ensure the success of that team and its mission.

Regards,

J
jubei is offline   Reply With Quote