View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32   #4
C0B2A
Quiet Professional

I disagree TS

Soft fabric holsters are a thing of the past as far as I am concerned. The rigidness of kydex is needed (especially for re-holstering your pistol to quickly get your main gun up). Drawing from a friction retention kydex holster is much faster for me (and I would bet 99% of people) than the sloppy feel of a fabric holster, that in order for it to secure the pistol it needs to cover so much of the gun.

I agree that when you incorporate a push button or lever on the holster for retention it does slow down the draw stroke, but when you are doing CQC and start tangling up with dudes in a room that retention is welcome. I am a big fan of Raven style holsters for friction retention only and Safariland ALS. (non over the top hood type) As far as sound, it is to easy to modify equipment to make sure you are not rattling around.

Down range I use my safariland. With the threat of IED's and the situation I listed above, a good amount of retention is needed. I've seen pistols and rifles for that matter go flying when a vehicle is hit.

I took a few quick pictures as to the different holsters I use.
1st picture is of my IWB holster, 2nd is my daily OWB for walking around firebase or whatever. 3rd is of my ALS which allows me to run a x300 surefire on the glock as well. The 4th is a new deal that raven came out with. Info here I have used it with 26 for concealment here in the NC summer heat and it has been great thus far.

Last edited by C0B2A; 10-28-2019 at 19:50.
C0B2A is offline   Reply With Quote