View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 17:52   #21
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolT View Post
I'm going back in as an E-4. I asked if I could get an age waiver and they said no. I may have been getting the run around though. There's no doubt that i'll be proactive about the subject during OSUT or Jump. But back to my original question. If I have to wait until I get to my duty station, from the time I talk to an SF recruiter until the time i'm at SFPC, does anyone know approximatley how long that is on average?
Things are changing all the time, I'd recommend talking to the SORB guys again, but my understanding is once you have reached E4 you can drop the packet. You're probably looking at no longer then 3-6 months + around a 3 month delay between SFAS and the Q.

May want to think about your plan to communicate the fact that you're going SF with your new unit. Response isn't always friendly. They can't really stop you from going but they can make life difficult as many reports have suggested they don't appreciate losing a good guy. Also be aware that a deployment could possibly significantly stretch out this time line.

There are others on this board who have been in your situation who can comment from experiance but I hope this gave you some things to look into further.

Cheers

S

P.S. I'm not to sure you'll get SOPC, there was a time where soft MOS where getting some sort of prep course, not sure if this is still happening, as an 11B though their gonna assume you're ready, although I have heard reports that if you request SOPC at SORB they may be able to give it to you under the assumption that you may not have the experiance that most non-18X line soldiers are bringing into play.

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying

Last edited by Scimitar; 02-06-2010 at 17:56.
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote