Thread: Pressure Cooker
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 23:22   #12
G2squared
Auxiliary

Instant Pot

My wife got an Insta Pot for us a year ago. I was skeptical at first but she also bought plastic tubs to pre-mix ingredients. The first weekend we had it I spent 4 hours prepping meals and freezing them for quick, easy meals as our energy was down and time was limited for meal prep as our, then newborn, daughter took her share of our time. It was GREAT!! Plop the frozen blob in and let it cook for 5 min to melt ice and make some liquids then put the top on and let it cook for the appropriate time. My favorite for that is green chicken chili with white beans.
Since then I've been trying other recipes and like the quick results of Kalua Pork. Sure it's not the same as burying a pig in the ground for most of a day, but I don't have that kind of time.
I usually feel beef comes out needing salt, but it can make all meat falloff the bone tender!! Seasoning is a matter of personal preference but I think it requires a little time to sort out seasoning in the insta pot.
Any stove top pressure cooker cooking can be adapted to electric style pressure cookers and there are guides online. The difference is the pressure that they cook at. Electric systems go to a lower pressure and thus require more time. It's pretty nice to be able to add ingredients poke buttons and then let it do the rest, instead of having to continuously monitor pressure.

G2
G2squared is offline   Reply With Quote