View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 18:53   #19
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
FROM THE VERY OLD: I Arrived at Ft.Bragg NC Smoke Bomb Hill area on 5 December 1962. via bus from Ft.Benning,GA. A long ride, no I-95 greeted by than Sgt.Bryan E Grogan KIA 7/05/1965. NO PREP COURSE...Assigned an MOS 911.65 (now 18 Delta) made 1 night jump on Sicily DZ @ 11 Dec.1962.PT, KP, and Guard Duty than 2 weeks leave before Christmas.and a reporting date Jan.11 EDCSA BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center) Ft.Sam Houston TX. 11May 1963 EDCSA to Ft.Jackson SC. Army Hospital for 8 wks. OJT. Return to Ft.Bragg NC for "Dog Lab" & Branch Tng.(now called Robin Sage) Finished SF Tng. 22 Nov.1963 . Process out of Ft.Bragg more Leave and orders "ENROUTE to USARPAC" Machinato,Okinawa Company C 1stSFG(Abn) TDY to US Army Special Forces Vietnam. Det.A-333 Camp Plei Mrong II Corps and the rest is HISTORY. Tom Kelly
That's good stuff....I think that if the Q had been left alone it would have been fine.....with quality candidates....you want to be a Green Beret? here's your class date phase 1-2-3 then language and today the arbitrary SERE that seems to not be required for select individuals.....you see today the other agencies are now having a say in what we can and cannot do......how much training we have, certifications, clearance levels etc.....if we scale the long as hell training back we shut ourselves out of many missions....they determine the school and training requirements to do any training beyond basic or intel or you name it though not entirely of their own volition they had help in knowing what we needed no doubt the OGA's were guided on certain requirements in the interest of more money or schools....more commands, GS and contractor jobs for all players