View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 08:57   #7
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
Yes, consider the Sputnik source, but more perspective on the Chinese move into Djibouti. I think the whole "resort" angle is Somali creative writing.

The Chinese are serious about expanding their influence on all levels (economic, military, and political) into Africa as well as anywhere else they can find an audience. China has been breaking out for years, and if you imagine that Communism is a domestic product unique to mainland China, think again.
I saw them personally in Africa and my friends their told me though they had been there for years and years. Chinese have something Americans don't and that is patience they will play the long game and take inches until they are so far dug into Africa in every way that Africans will be dependent. I believe the S. Africans were fighting Chinese communism expansion in the 60-70's if I remember right.

All the infrastructure that supports exploitation of the natural resources on that continent is not built by African companies for their own use. Co opting African labor to build roads, airstrips and railroads to get the oil ,diamonds ,gold,cotton , uranium etc......over generations is genius for a country with the patience

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 05-02-2017 at 09:02.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote