View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 21:57   #19
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Sounds like we're gonna need something like a Pre-Crime Unit* to survive. Glad I kept my demo knife sharpened.

Richard's $.02

* Minority Report, Philip K. Dick
__
BT
I know you are an educated man but I wonder about the depth of your study of Islam.
Islam has never been at peace with secular society or the west, only in periods of major weakness has it appeared benign and that has changed due to petro dollars.
In what western Nation have you seen Islamic assimilation? I am not talking about the NOI or that spin off but basic Sunni...wahabbi Islam.
In what Islamic society would you, as a non Muslim, live comfortably unless you lived in a non Muslim enclave like all of the expats working overseas.
Are all Mulsims devils, of course not, but, and this is a big but, the Quran forbids taking the side of the Kafir on penalty of hell...so who do you think Muslims side with given a push...the kafir moderates or the hard line Muslims.
Certain philosophies are anathema to a free society...Islam is just that.
I didn't always feel that way, as you, I thought there could be compromise.
30 years experience in the ME with friends, allies, enemies and years spent studying the gold standard of Islam has changed my opinion.
They, the Ummah, are not seeking compromise.
CAIR is not seeking justice but advantage.
"Why can't we all just get along" in this instance, is something I didn't expect from experienced SF with oconus experience
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote