View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 13:48   #5
SOT(D)
Quiet Professional

T shirts and ASOT...

Oy...I have been away from all that for awhile! In talks with Elmer and Lowell, I learned of the transition to SFARTEC, but, figured it came after SOT, and then something more classified came next.
In 2007, while traveling to the mountains with my boys, I decided to stop by the old stomping grounds. Turning off of Plank road seemed normal enough. The nostalgia was stoked! Get to the end of the road into the compound, and wow. Everything gone! Save for the shed near the guard gate, fuel oil storage, and some water drainage manholes, everything was gone. Plowed under, asphalted over and then that was broken up. Very Roman empire-esque, a la Carthage! All that was missing was the salt!
Photos show the way in (the morning runs, as well as the sprint to the stop sign and back, before going into the indoor BB gun clearing practice...). Open fields, where the parking areas, mess hall, team rooms, supply warehouse, and main building, and helipad used to be. Wow. The last two pics are looking south from the gate area, towards Fryer DZ. The woods to the left are full of obstacles, bunkers, and razor wire. I do not recall it from back then, as we went into this area to do the STABO extractions. It must be something developed during the ramp up training for troops going to Iraq/Afghanistan. Or SFARTEC/ASOT training devices...but frontal assault stuff seems not in the purview of SOT type approaches.
T shirts? I am getting the original shirt made up on new screens, and starting the printing of them this. The standard, large emblem in the front. Small logos, on the left chest, will be next...then the SF Demo/Como/Medic/Weapons are to follow! You can find them at my facebook page: Michael Belanger/Grenadier Graphics and at the SF Brothers related page, SF Trading Post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sot air I.jpg (56.7 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg SOT-MLC 2007 (4).jpg (92.2 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg SOT-MLC 2007 (9).jpg (97.0 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg SOT-MLC 2007 (13).jpg (62.4 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg SOT-MLC 2007 (23).jpg (70.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg SOT-MLC 2007 (32).jpg (72.3 KB, 93 views)
SOT(D) is offline   Reply With Quote