View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 20:56   #5
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnianguru View Post
Great quote Mark and, for the most part, I agree. But the General is living the hell of making sure that SF assets assume their proper role in "the fight." Today, now that GWOT is sexy and well-resourced, everyone is suddenly either an expert in the field or capable of becoming one through correspondence courses and OJT. There is a significant push - likely succeed – to train and equip the General Purpose Force (GPF) to take on train-and-equip roles previously seen as requiring the highest levels of specialized training.

There are those who’re arguing that SF should be more like the Ranger Regiments and SEAL Platoons, and focused more on seeking and destroying HVTs, leaving the “lower-hanging fruit of the GWOT” to GPF, who can “quickly be brought up-to-speed” through MTTs and the Instructor Training Course.

I think the OPSEC constraints on publicizing what SF does should be as narrow as the eye of a needle, but it should be there. Just as the British (and other) SAS benefit from the glimpses of their work and successes, without compromising security, we too must be able to sell our services in the corridors of Washington, without compromising the secrecy and operational security that makes us effective.

But, again, I generally agree with you. Just think – know first-hand actually – what a crummy job it is to be in Washington trying to “keep things real” as the resources get allocated and the policies get set.

DOL

Bosnianguru

Welcome, but please re-read your e-mail that you got when you registered on this board. Please do not post again until you have done your intro as required.
Thanks SF_BHT
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote