View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 06:06   #9
Qdini
Quiet Professional

Save that leave!

Short answer is No, probably not. However, there are always exceptions. Don't count on it.

Perhaps you should consider saving that leave time during SFQC and take it mid-cycle during Ranger School. Nothing like catching up on sleep and chow, say between the Mountain and Florida Phase.
I hear they also approve mid-course leaves during CDQC (Combat Diver Qualification Course) so you can attend more important functions and to rest up between open and closed circuit diving phases.
Word of advice; don't waste your leave during MFF Training, it's like a sky diving vacation in sunny Arizona!

If your leave is turned down; another way to accomplish this is simply ask to recycle a phase so you'll have time to take leave. I'm sure your 1SG will consider this an excellent idea.

Yeah...that's the ticket!

Seriously, if you are considering taking leave during SFQC, you are not mentally ready to attend.
Save your family, yourself and the Army a lot of time/trouble and decide to totally commit before you start down the SF path.
Many a SF guy has missed more important life events than his sister's wedding because of mission requirements.

I suspect you don't have a good grasp on what being a SF soldier is all about. That should have been "Step #1" before you signed up for the X-ray Program.
No worries though, Assessment and Selection will "-splain" it all to you.

Good luck to you!

PS: "Needs of the Army" can be unpleasant.

Last edited by Qdini; 03-14-2015 at 08:10.
Qdini is offline   Reply With Quote