Thread: Cloning a Human
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:48   #13
Penn
Area Commander

Quote:
If evolution is a reality, he might be MORE intelligent. After all, we've removed so many of the hazards from the environment and made it so tame that unprecedented numbers of intellectual defectives are surviving to breed; thereby diluting the gene pool, and dumbing down the entire species.

Broadsword
Regarding intelligence, people of ancient times did some things that to this day we don't know how they did in terms of constructing things (I believe they still don't really know how they constructed the pyramids in Egypt for example). But I'm not sure about whether humans then were more intelligent then humans today. Academic intelligence was not needed much back then. But how much did life back then require other forms of intelligence, like with regards to planning and organizing to hunt and farm and survive...? And does the breeding of stupid people yield more stupid people? That is an extremely controversial issue because it gets into racial issues (are the Jewish people genetically superior to most other populations as they produce so many smart people, and thus have smart people breeding with other smart people, while are blacks, as a population, lower in intelligence then whites because so many blacks are mired in poverty, which results likely in a lot of people of lesser intelligence breeding with other people lacking intelligence, etc...).
Peregrino, (tongue in cheek?) I would think your comment is most likely more correct biologically. The transfer of gene that remain in the pool due to pharmacology interventions prolonging the lifespan, with out my Diovan, I'm dead.
That said, I think its an entirely different matter with regard to intelligence.

Broadsword, you are correct, many would consider your statement racist. Intelligence is not related to poverty, cognitive ability/IQ varies, but what creates poverty is economic, and that dynamic directly relates to access to education; which we all know is the great divider in social structure/class. People tend to marry within their culture group, and region.

But, I do think there is a conditioning process, whereby repetitive action disconnects certain pathways in the brain. People in NJ are known as aggressive drivers, they tailgate at 80mph on the NJ/TRPK all day long, and merge effortlessly; this may be the result of all the tunnels, bridges, and on/off ramps that have made them the envy of the nation amateur NASCAR drivers, while drivers in PA never merge, drive ridiculously slow, and disturbingly blindly it seems, in one lane. Never allowing for a smooth flow. I think they are brain dead, but they still have the capacity to learn; and can, its a conditional process.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote