View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:58   #6
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

(P) How about going back and looking at when we stood up Det-A and what we did with those individuals, we sent them to DLI.

Whether the Command says they have a command language program and it is push it, probably varies from group to group, but if the Command is not down talking to the teams, pushing it and emphasizes it as a need for it. Then it will never become a true command language program. A policy letter written on a piece paper does not make it a command program. That's just something that hangs on the wall but most people don't even read, or hung on the Group portal.

Individuals have to have the desire to learn languages. You're SF and your job is to be able to talk to people, instruct people, mentor and lead people. Which these people are typically insurgents, resistance forces or for nationals nationals. I have seen two different Groups, I've seen Group Core languages changed and I was taught French out of the Q course, then due to my Group Core languages changing had to learn Serbo-Croatian, learn a little bit of German. While in 3rd had learned Phasto and a little Dari. I scored well and Serbo-Croatian and Phasto passed both on the DLPT or in the OPI. It's individuals have to have the desire to do it and if they don't they should be SF.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote