View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 20:47   #1
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Scuba Travel Report

I posted this in "Fins" because... well, on my trip I wore fins daily! I think we may need a "Scuba-Skin Diving" area.

At any rate, I spent Christmas vacation diving in Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico. This is my report:

I stayed at "Las Lunas Inn" - a bed and breakfast in San Miguel ("downtown" Cozumel). It was very nice - located "in town" about a half mile north of "the plaza". The hosts are Texans, and very accomodating. (www.laslunas.com) They arranged the diving through their dive operation - Techs Mex Divers. They make arrangements with "Careyitos" Divers (www.advanceddivers.com) - which operate out of the north caleta in Cozumel.

I cannot recommend them highly enough. Careyitos had divers of all experience levels on the boat - and all left happy. If you dive frequently, you will know how difficult that is to accomplish. We had very experienced divers, relatively new divers, divers in training, and tech divers on rebreathers - on the same boat! All left satisfied! Bottom times were upwards of 75 minutes or more. Most excellent! They are a "slow boat" - do not always be deceived by the "fast boats"!

We dived the "usual suspects" at Cozumel - Santa Rosa, Colombia, Cedral, "Devil's Throat," "Chimney" and more. All in all - a great trip with a great dive operation. If you wish more details - ask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tom_d_wait.jpg (61.9 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg tom_techsmex.jpg (75.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg mask_neck.jpg (48.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg all_3_gearup.jpg (77.2 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by ZonieDiver; 01-03-2010 at 20:53.
ZonieDiver is offline   Reply With Quote