View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 08:17   #8
Habu-MFFI 175
Quiet Professional

Glue

The eyes are usually encased in 5 minute epoxy to keep them from flying off. These I Super Glued, let dry and came back and put more on the top and bottom sides. I put a good bead of glue from 1 eye to the other, so it should hold. Just hoping they will hold for at least 1 fish.

For those that are still in the Fayetteville area, the Pechmann Fishing Center has fly fishing and fly tying classes. They also do fly tying classes for military and there families at no cost to you. They have everything you need, fly rods, flies, ponds full of fish. Also all the fly tying kits to make loads of flies and instructors on site to help you thru a new fly.

Some classes may cost $5 bucks to attend. Those that cost are ran thru the Fayetteville Recreation Department.
Starting in Jan they will have a cold water class. Teaching about mountain trout type fish. Several subjects are covered and then to the ponds to catch trout, striped bass and catfish....

Keep an eye peeled to the Fayetteville Observer and I'll post back when I get the dates/time of the next event.

After taking the cold weather/warm weather classes you can volunteer to be a helper at the fishing center. They need lots of volunteers to help with Boy Scouts and loads of other personnel that come thru the center.

<*)))))>{