View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 18:26   #65
LavaDoc
Asset

The bag I have on my MTV is a North American Rescue casualty response bag. It came with all sorts of straps, which I promptly cut off, and use the clips in the back to put it on the flak.

Contents:

Top (under flap)

4x 14g, 3 and 1/4 inch needles for chest decompression
Roll of duct tape- for securing bandages, IV tubing, casualty cards, extremities, tube, etc
Finger pulse oximeter- O2 sats and pulse
3 sizes NP airways/surgilube packs- for maintaining airway
2 sizes OP airways- for maintaining airway
Hemostat clipped to loop- various reasons (clamping vessels, hanging IVs, securing gear)
Durapore tape slid through hemostats- for IV tubing, bandages, tube, etc.
2x Rubber IV tourniquets- for vascular access
Pen light- to assess EOMI, PERRLA, or as a small back up light.

Main Compartment

In "Football"- 2x 500 cc NaCL bags for fluid resuscitation/eye irrigation/pressure for flail chest/pressure dressing
4x 14g 2 inch needles, 2x IV tubing, alcohol pads- for IVs
2x 4"x16" WaterJel burn dressings- for burns
2x Kerlix- wound packing, dressing/bandage
2x Ace Wrap- bandage
2x Israeli bandage- pressure dressing
2x H and H Gauze- wound packing, bandage, pressure dressing
1x Big Cinch Abdominal Dressing- abdominal wounds
3x CAT tourniquets- massive extremity hemmorhage
All gauze/Kerlix/bandages are in the plastic, with the end opening cut off to prevent last minute "oh shit" moments.

Side Flap

2x QuikClot ACS- massive hemmorhage not controlled by other means
2x Bolin chest seals- open pneumothorax
2x Benzoin Tincture swabs- prn for extra adhesive with chest seals
1x size 4 King LTD/60cc syringe/lube- to secure airway

Outside Pocket

2x Latex free gloves
Sharpie
4x Casualty cards
Trauma shears

It seems like a lot, but the bag fits nicely on my MTV, doesn't get in the way too much. My bulkier gear (BVM, FAST 1, QuikCric, extra everything, meds, C-collar, splints, etc) goes in my large med bag in the truck. I carry a blowout kit with kerlix, ace wrap, Israeli dressing, 14 g needles, and chest seal in a Ziploc bag in my cargo pocket. I also have a CAT on my flak, and one each in a shoulder and cargo pocket, along with 2 10cc morphine injectors. My Marines have the issued IFAK, so I don't worry too much about not having enough basic material.

Great info on this site, I have learned a lot.

BTW

Quote:
I like the Olaes dressings. Received a few for T&E and will be getting some for our next trip to replace the Israelis...
I have just seen these on the internet, and would like to know more about them. Any more feedback about them? Our budget out here is pretty good, I'd like to get some if they are worth it.

Last edited by LavaDoc; 09-22-2008 at 21:16.
LavaDoc is offline   Reply With Quote