View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 11:48   #29
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfshooter View Post
Well, I know I'm getting kind of old hand have been out for awhile but there are some things I didn't know about our Army:

There will also be changes in marksmanship training, with recruits required to qualify with iron sight. How long have our basic recruits not been qualifying with iron sights? What happened to the "basics"

starting with codified training for recruits on what it means to be a soldier We quit teaching them about being soldier and what it means??

drill sergeants will evaluate recruits on their discipline, inspect their bunks and bays, and hold drill and ceremony competitions to make sure soldiers are learning how to march, move in a tight formation and handle their weapons in a most basic way This is not already being done? If not why was it stopped? That was basic combat training!

They'll actually be executing some drill and ceremony when they move to and from the chow hall, when they move to and from the barracks So let me understand this; the Drill sgt says to the large gaggle of soldiers "head to the chow hall" and they all just mosey over on their own in whatever gaggle pleases them?

"We also think that if we put the bar where the bar (PT) should be, that bothh the trainees and the drill sergeants will get themselves to that level"
I found the problem. Even the damn drill sergeants can't do any of this stuff! No wonder the need for "drastic" changes.

If a soldier is very close to the 60-60-60 mark, a lieutenant colonel can use discretion to sign off on their PT scores.
Hell, just have the LTC sign of on everyone so everyone gets a participation ribbon and we don't have any losers.

drill sergeants were spending hours at night......teaching trainees how to throw Have been a Drill Sergeant and taken trainees to the grenade range I never spent any hours or minutes at night teaching them how to throw. I never seen a trainee not throw the grenade!

basic training will now add movement to the standard buddy team fire course When was movement taken out of buddy teams? How do you do a "fire course" with a buddy and not move?

the Army is sticking with the 10 week model When did 8 week basic training become 10 weeks (of no basics of marching and non iron sight shooting, no discipline, no buddy movement techniques, no being able to do PT)?

I knew the Army was going down hill but I had no idea it had progressed this far.
This what us who are retiring have been saying about the Obama administration and the downhill of the Army's fighting ability....yes what you see above is directly linked to the SF regiments issues as well