View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 20:06   #5
badshot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
How 'bout we extricate ourselves from the madness, entirely...work through diplomatic policy to guarantee a steady flow of ME oil at an affordable price...and tell the bad guys that no matter where they hide; we will find you, we will kill you - and if your family happens to be in the way then they will die beside you; even if you are not home at the time our drone shows up. It's your choice and it's your governments choice to allow you to take refuge in their country - they will pay a financial toll in economic aid and relations, but we retain the global right as a superpower and trading partner to lay waste to anyone who dares to attack the United States or its people. If the attack is sanctioned by the governing body then count your days of life because they are numbered.

We can go low tech, or high tech. We may send in the police to arrest you or we may send in the military to destroy you, but be assured we will find you and we will prosecute you with extreme prejudice day or night.

Anyway, that's just my take...all this Nation Building crap is something you do for people who will thank you when it's all over with, not spit in your face and swear to some God that you be destroyed at some later date.
Trying to force ones values on another has a low probability of success, especially if for the most part, they don't know and don't want to know otherwise. A very wise man once told me that you can only control yourself, (though, obviously, many cannot).

Training the ones whom want a better life may help them to keep the emotionally unbalanced ones (ie. broken) from regaining power in country or hurting innocents, maybe.

My unfeeling and objective view is to use what works when doing anything, when it appears it may not work or it doesn't, change what you're doing. Another wise man once pointed out his version of insanity...repeating the exact same thing and expecting different results. (kinda like what FDR did during the depression, same thing the current potus did...Research shows FDR actions extended the depression. Look what the potus did during the looming 1920's depression, he averted one.) It ain't rocket science man...it used to be called common sense, which definitely isn't very common now.

The means and methods that toppled a country in a few months worked. Sending in one the biggest armies in the world did not...ussr camel bomb story anyone?

In short, what he said

bs