View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 01:17   #5
DuFF90INF
Asset

I just received the Rocky C4 Trainers yesterday. It took 8 days for me to recieve them in Iraq, so you guys in the states should probably get them in roughly 5 days. I was so excited I preceeded to switch from my Altima Ripple sole boots to these right away. I must say after wearing nothing but issued/ripple soled boots for the last 2 years I noticed an immediate difference. I now understand the "sneaker boots"/"lighter than air" phrases that alot of my buddies have been saying about aftermarket boots. I could run all day in these things but I doubt it would be recommended First thing I noticed was the sneaker like fit. Thank God I ordered a 1/2 size bigger. It provides just enough extra room for the foot expansion that occurs with walking all day/rucking long distances. The support is better than I thought it would be. As soon I opened the box I used 1 shoelace for the bottom half of the boot and another for the top to get the "custom" fit Wet Dog was talking about above. So far I can't find anything bad about them. Tomorrow I am going on a 4 mile ruck and see how they hold up to mediocre abuse I'll keep you informed as promised.
DuFF90INF is offline   Reply With Quote