View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 17:56   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Hey TR, I'll try to be a little more active here, just been so damn busy. Tell me more about this new Surefire helmet light! Will it work on hats also? HTM, I'm waiting on a callback to get a timeline on the availability of the military version Tikka XP.

Mel
Mel:

Sorry, the SureFire HL1-WH/BL helmet light is designed for sidemounting on the TC 2000 MICH, but you can probably mount it on any hard hat that you can stick/screw/attach it to.

IIRC, it is a twp piece affair, with the light QD from the conformal mount, so you could use it as a hand held, or take it off if it was not needed.

It runs off of one SF123 3v. lithium battery.

The light has multiple switching lighting options with three 5mm white LEDs, two 5mm blue LEDS, and one 3mm IR LED at 850nm.

There is a three position toggle switch with a white light position, a blue light position, and an off position. There is a secondary momentary switch which cycles white and blue lights through low, medium and high settings. A final two position toggle switch cycles the IR lights between a strobe setting (IFF) and the OFF setting.

It is made from glass filled nylon and weighs 2.8 oz.

Pretty slick.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote