View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 20:29   #24
whocares175
Quiet Professional

What questions do you still have about the delta course? When i went through the q course i had several friends in various phases and several other who were cadre. I had quite a bit of a "heads up" and you know what good it did me.....none. I still had to pass based on my own merits. I'll give you all the info i remember about the course that I'm allowed to talk about without violating OPSEC that you want to know. Other than setting aside scheduling concerns it'll do you no good. Hell when i come back for SOCMSSC in a few months ill even sit down at hooters and have a few beers with you and we can discuss it in person, you're buying though. The moral of what I'm telling you is simply this: take each day as it comes, do your best, be thankful you passed when your buddy failed and never quit. I could sit down and teach you everything you need to know to pass the delta course but guess what, it'll take at least a year and considering one day you may be using what you learn on me, one of my buddies, your buddies or god forbid, yourself, I'm still gonna hold you to the same standard. So if your only question is "whats changed with SOCM?" Its simple: they put the med blocks section of SFMS in SOCM making it two months longer and providing all SOF medics the same skill set with which to conduct sick call. SOCM is front loaded so that when you're done you do the rest of the course with the same IODA. SFMS is now the same length as the other MOS's. The hope is to eliminate the "unfriendliness" many medics encountered going into Sage.
2008-2011 q course
2011-10th
whocares175 is offline   Reply With Quote